Why did Bendigo South East College engage alltasksIT & DELL?
BSEC is in the midst of school population growth in 2015, dealing with rapidly changing IT Demand requirements and Security threats. To comply with the Victorian Government, Education Dept & Curriculum Network, BSEC proactively put a plan in place to review their IT.
To be able to support the changing IT infrastructure needs, to be able to work smarter with existing hardware infrastructure, improve efficiency and extend the life across the schools IT environment that underpins BSEC operational and administrative requirements.
To achieve this BSEC needed a enterprise solution that is compatible, scalable and supported on a national vendor level.
Following extensive research by BSEC IT Administrator Mr Nick Shortal, identified a scalable Dell solution to review. This was in the form of an Large Enterprise Firewall Solution. In order to achieve this Dell was contacted, as a global vendor Dell reliant on key IT Solutions Integration (SI) Partners such as alltasksIT to service enterprise customers in Australia.
alltaskIT was introduced as Dell Premier Partner and commenced reviews, working together with the BSEC IT team to define the best path to improve security, collaboration and support BSEC present and future direction.
BSEC IT Security upgrade project was initiated in August 2014, integration commenced in October 2014 and completion in December 2014 as scheduled, on time, within budget.
The outcome of this work now provides safe secure working environment for all BSEC student, teacher and administration community
What does the alltasksIT & DELL – Sonicwall solution actually do?
- Provides Advanced Internet Gateway traffic governance
- Provides Advanced Content filtering
- Provides Advanced Intrusion Protection
- Provides Advanced protection from Spyware / Malicious ware
- Supports School ERP / Finance environment
- Provides Scalable Next-Generation expandable enterprise Firewall
- Deep Packet Inspection of all Data beyond normal internet traffic
- Provides Application intelligence, Control & Visualization of all controlled data
- Delivers consistent High uptime availability and data load balancing
- Delivers High output and lowered (TCO) Total Cost of Ownership
- Delivers Network productivity focused for high uptime
- Provide Advanced routing services and networking for Internet links
- Provides Standards to carry and support Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Provides Clean Wireless transmission capability, as an expansion
- Provides On-board Quality of Service (QoS) from the device